This course covers how to sharpen your knife with a wet stone and a discussion on different types of knives and their uses. These are topics that build a strong foundation for any aspiring chef or home cook. Completing this course will allow the student to apply these skills to the longevity of their knives.
Instructor will provide syllabus and all products needed. Student is expected to show up with hair up and out of their face, clean clothes and close-toed shoes. Aprons will be provided. Chef jackets are encouraged.
- Identify the different types of knives
- Describe the use of each different type of knife
- Properly sharpen their own knives
- Identify a German knife from a Japanese knife
- Be able to properly chose which style of knives they like
Length: 1 hours